This program provides students who wish to concentrate in the study of accounting or business administration with coursework that is a common base for advanced study and/or careers in business. Students who study in this area typically seek degrees at senior institutions in the fields of accounting, finance, management, marketing and personnel administration among others. A degree in business is a popular choice for students planning to attend law school upon graduation. Northwest College’s Business Department offers students an opportunity to build a solid foundation for further study in these programs.
Students planning to enter careers in business through advanced study at a four-year institution will need to have coursework beyond the program requirements at Northwest College.
Students must consult closely with their academic advisor in the Business Department to determine which general education elective courses (social science, humanities, visual and performing arts, and lab science) will satisfy specific requirements of their intended transfer college or university. Most four-year institutions have prescribed requirements for admission to junior-level, upper-division status in their respective business programs. Note: Not all business courses offered at NWC are designed for transfer. Please consult with your academic advisor before selecting courses. Students will be required to complete each core course with a “C-” or better to meet program requirements.
Total General Education Requirements: 31-37 Credits
Six credits of Social Science and Humanities and nine credits of Mathematics may be fulfilled by taking Core Courses.
- ACCT 2010 - Principles of Accounting I (3)
- ACCT 2020 - Principles of Accounting II (3)
- BADM 1101 - First Year Seminar for Business Majors (3)
- BADM 2010 - Business Law (3)
- CO/M 1010 - Public Speaking (3)
- ECON 1010 - Macroeconomics (3)
- ECON 1020 - Microeconomics (3)
- FIN 2100 - Managerial Finance (3)
- MGT 2100 - Principles of Management (3)
- MKT 2100 - Principles of Marketing (3)
- IMGT 2400 - Introduction to Information Management (3)
- STAT 2050 - Fundamentals of Statistics (4)
- MATH 2350 - Business Calculus (5)
- MATH 2200 - Calculus I (5)
- MATH 2355 - Math Applications for Business (4)
- MATH 2205 - Calculus II (5)
Total Core Courses: 46-47 Credits
Minimum Credits for Degree = 61
Scholarships: New international students are able to apply for $500/year scholarships once they arrive on campus. Students may apply for larger scholarships their second year of attendance
อัพเดทล่าสุดวันที่ January 24, 2018